Photovoltaic inverter can convert the variable DC voltage generated by photovoltaic solar panels into mains frequency alternating current inverter.
It can be fed back into commercial transmission systems or used by off-grid grids. Solar inverter installation is also very important, the following article will take you to explore the main installation steps and precautions.
1. What is solar inverter installation
PV inverter is one of the important system balances (BOS) in photovoltaic array system, and can be used with general AC power supply equipment.
Solar inverters have special functions with photovoltaic arrays, such as maximum power point tracking and island protection. Solar inverter installation can provide us with more convenience. Conditions for installing a solar inverter
2. Preparation conditions before solar inverter installation
As the core equipment of the home energy storage, the installation of solar inverter is related to the power generation efficiency, stability, security and other aspects of the household optical storage system, therefore, the correct solar inverter installation steps is crucial.
- Prepare equipment
The core equipment of a household optical storage system is mainly photovoltaic modules at the power generation end, energy storage inverters for energy conversion, and batteries for energy storage.
- Select the appropriate installation location
Solar inverter installation should avoid the sun, rain and snow. If the installation position is not correct, the service life of the energy storage inverter will be reduced.
In order to ensure good heat dissipation and convenient daily maintenance of the energy storage inverter. Solar inverter installation height, installation spacing, installation angle to meet the following requirements.
- Installation height and spacing requirements
Spacing requirements for simultaneous installation Installation Angle: Vertical or backward ≤15°
3. How to choose the best location for solar inverter installation
- Do not install inverter on a building/carrier made of flammable and explosive or heat-resistant materials.
- Avoid direct sunlight on the inverter, which may cause additional internal temperature of inverter, and inverter will run derated to protect the internal components.
- The installation site should be strong enough to support the weight of the inverter for a long time.
- The minimum bearing capacity of the carrier is at least 4 times the weight of inverter.
- The ambient temperature around the inverter must be -30°C to 60°C, and the installation environment must be clean.
- The humidity of the installation environment does not exceed 95%, and there is no condensation.
- Do not install power inverter 3000w in an environment containing salt, sulfur or other corrosive substances.
- The location should be well ventilated, and the installation should not be installed in a small closed space with no air circulation.
- The installation height should be appropriate to facilitate data observation and maintenance.
- The installation position should be convenient for electrical connection, operation, and maintenance.
4. How to locate the place of home solar inverter installation
- On a photovoltaic bracket
The installation solution for distributed common ground projects can be installed under a string of components. The device is fixed directly to the column by using a fixed bracket installation or a hoop installation.
This solution requires the strength of the bracket and the holding column and the height of the power inverter 1000w from the ground to prevent the placement of the equipment too low on a rainy day.
- On the roof
This type of installation is mainly in large industrial and commercial plants. Because the roof is empty, there is no ceiling. The PV inverter has no place to hang. Considering the reduction of cable costs, photovoltaic inverters generally require homemade installation brackets.
The photovoltaic inverter is suspended on a self-made bracket, which takes into account the load-bearing and fixed form of the inverter and the ability to resist typhoons in coastal areas. As we all know, every 10 degrees Celsius increase in ambient temperature, the life of electronic devices is half.
For this type of installation, the inverter is exposed to the hot sun for a long time, and the internal temperature of inverter will greatly increase, seriously affecting the life of the key components of the inverter. To protect the internal components, the inverter runs derated, and even the temperature is too high, causing the inverter temperature fault.
It is recommended to add a sunshade to the photovoltaic inverter to avoid exposure to the scorching sun. A photovoltaic inverter installed vertically on a flat roof will create a shadow. Therefore, when the equipment is installed, the components should be installed outside the shadow range of inverter as far as possible to avoid shadow occlusion of the components.
- On the wall
The common household distributed pv system rooftop form is installed in this form. The solar inverter is installed on the southern wall as far as possible, and the panel of the photovoltaic inverter should face north, less sunlight. The installation requirements are as follows:
- The installation of the machine should be at a suitable height from the ground in order to observe and read the LED display.
- When installed outdoors, the photovoltaic inverter should be installed with rainproof sunscreen to avoid direct sunlight and rain immersion.
- Do not expose the inverter directly to the sun or other heat sources.
- Leave enough space to install and move inverter. At least 50cm space should be left around the inverters that enter and exit the air.
- The inverters that enter and exit the wind are from the side, and the space distance of more than 100em should be left on both sides.
- To have sufficient bearing capacity, the bearing weight is more than 1.5 times the weight of inverter.
- The heat dissipation duct of the photovoltaic inverter is the lower air inlet and the upper air outlet.
- The inverter should be installed vertically, and horizontal installation or upside-down installation is strictly prohibited.
The photovoltaic inverter must be placed in an air circulation space, inverter is divided into two kinds of forced air cooling and natural heat dissipation, the inverter itself is a heat source, all the heat must be dissipated in time, can not be placed in a closed space, otherwise the temperature will rise higher and higher.
5. Note of the solar inverter installation
First of all, check whether the inverter is damaged during transportation. Angle It is recommended that inverter be installed vertically or tilted backwards (0 to 15°), but not tilted forward or upside down.
Reserve enough space around the inverter to ensure heat dissipation and operation of the inverter. When installing multiple inverters, reserve a certain space between the inverters. Before making an electrical connection, be sure to cover the photovoltaic panel with an opaque material or disconnect the DC circuit breaker.
Exposed to sunlight, photovoltaic arrays will generate dangerous voltages. The cables used in the power generation system must be securely connected, well insulated and of appropriate specifications. All electrical installations must meet local and national electrical standards.
The inverter can only be connected to the grid after obtaining permission from the local power department and after all electrical connections are completed by professional technicians. During electrical operation, professionals must wear protective equipment.
Before performing any repair work, the electrical connection between inverter and the grid should be disconnected first, and then the electrical connection on the DC side. Wait at least 5 minutes until the internal components are discharged before performing repair work.
Pay attention to and follow the warning labels on the products. Note the hot surface of the inverter. For example, the radiator of the power semiconductor, etc., still maintains a high temperature for a period of time after the inverter is powered off.
6. ConclusionSolar inverter installation affects the overall efficiency of the photovoltaic power generation system. Above is all the content shared today. We remember to let professionals operate and install the photovoltaic inverter to ensure a suitable and stable operating environment.